top of page


At Kelvin Hall, we work hard to listen to, and act on, the opinions and concerns of all who come into contact with the school.

If parents or carers have a concern about a specific lesson or issue for their child, they should normally contact the subject teacher or their child’s Focus Group teacher or Pastoral Year Leader. The vast majority of concerns and complaints will be resolved promptly by this means.

If the member of staff is unable to resolve the issue directly, parents and carers should put their complaint in writing to the Head of School, Mr Leng. Complaints will then be investigated thoroughly and parents and carers will be notified of the outcome.

If parents and carers are not satisfied with the response they receive from the Headteacher, they should write to the acting Chair of the School’s Governing Body, Julie Lynch, who will try to resolve the issue. They may be invited to a meeting of the Governing Body’s Complaints Committee, who will review how the complaint has been investigated.

A copy of our Complaints Policy & Procedure is available on request.

If parents and carers believe that the procedure has not been followed correctly, they may refer the complaint to the Department for Education. Initial complaints and concerns referred directly to the Local Authority will be referred to the Headteacher, who will follow the procedure as outlined above.

To pass on a concern or to make a complaint, you may also call the school on (01482) 342229 or email .

bottom of page