Science

In Science, we follow a helical curriculum model which allows students to build on prior knowledge and develop skills throughout their time at Kelvin Hall.

 

Our aim is to provide a high-quality science education which provides all students with the foundations for understanding the world through Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The science department instils a sense of excitement and curiosity as we teach our curriculum alongside developing the necessary skills of description, explanation, prediction, and analysis.

Key Stage 3

Hours per week: 3

 

Students are taught the National Curriculum for science across years 7-9, the majority (95%) is taught in year 7 and 8, with the remaining 5% taught in Year 9. Students will be taught discrete Biology, Chemistry and Physics topics each embedded with independent and engaging applications and Scientific skills.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Key Stage 4

Exam board: Edexcel

Hours per week: 6 

 

In KS4 students will be taught Science in discrete subjects and have 2 hours per week of Biology, Chemistry and Physics. 

 

  • In Year 9 students will be taught the content preparing them for Biology Paper 1, Chemistry Paper 3 and Physics Paper 5, this will be building on their subject knowledge from Year 7.

  • In Year 10 students will be taught the content preparing them for Biology Paper 2, Chemistry Paper 4 and Physics Paper 6, this will be building on their subject knowledge from Year 8.

  • In Year 11 students will revisit all KS4 content and build on it with broader applications in preparation for their exams. We also develop exam technique and recall skills

Revision guide and Flashcards provided to all students

Kelvin-Hall-logowebsite.png

Kelvin Hall School, Bricknell Avenue, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU5 4QH

 

Telephone: (01482) 342229 Email: info@kelvinhall.net
Twitter: @kelvinhall_hull

YHCLT-LogoWHITE.png
Ofsted_Outstanding_OP_Colour.jpg
NCTA Logo.jpg
C538053F19CE7F8E53C1EFEBAD19D46C.png
wisepay.jpg